A travel blog having little or nothing to do with gorgonzola cheese.

Sunday, October 16, 2005

Back to Sink Laundry

So I didn't bring enough clothes. I knew I wasn't bringing enough, and I had plans to buy some here, which made economic sense because Ryan Air charged us something like £5 per kilo of checked baggage over 15 kilos. Plus, buying stuff here had the added benefit of getting to pretentiously wear Italian clothes...or so I thought. It started in London, we went to visit the 'Top Shop', which Nolan and company praised as 'like 10 times better than H&M'. It was pretty good, more expensive than I expected, but worst of all, all the clothes had American places printed on them. And not like cool American places. The shirts all said things like 'Northern Wyoming High', or 'Eastern Maryland Basketball Camp'. Eastern Maryland? What? Even people actually from Eastern Maryland try not to advertise it.
It turns out the same fad is alive and strong in Rome as well. I need a sweatshirt, but all the sweatshirts either have fictitious American locations or British flags on them or cost 200 euros.

Anyway, in short, I'm cold.

And we have a final tomorrow.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And you were doing so well with those Capri posts...
-Laura

1:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dad sez,

Is it really necessary for you to air your dirty laundry?

9:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home