A travel blog having little or nothing to do with gorgonzola cheese.

Saturday, November 12, 2005

Barcelona

I'm tired and cold and sitting in an internet cafe/Subway (the fast food place) in Barcelona. Awesome. Actually Barcelona is pretty good, a nice change from Rome, and a city with a club scene that doesn't even begin until 1AM and goes till around 6 can't be all bad. Basically, I realized all my previous posts have been filled with happy, almost unrealistic ravings about what I'm up to. Well I'm putting an end to this. Sometimes Europe isn't fun. Sometimes your hotel (though extremely nice) is a 20 Euro taxi ride from the city and your return flight is at 9AM and 80km from the city. Anyway, just thought I'd bring everyone down a little.

Barcelona really is great though. We got in late last night and ended up only going to one club, Razzmatazz, but there was no reason to leave. There where three floors, with four huge dance floors, punk, pop, house and whatever the main one was. The music was far better than in american clubs, and included stuff I actually like, such as Interpol, Franz Ferdinand, and a spanish DJ freestyle rapping over a remix of Seven Nation Army with Scarface playing on huge big screen tv's in the background. There were literally thousands of people there.

Today we got up, walked around the city, and went to the Picasso Museum. Now we're in an internet cafe. It took coming here, where I speak virtually no Spanish and certainly no Catalan, to realize how good my Italian is (not very, but still).

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

way to keep it real, like marilyn manson

T

2:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha, that's funny because when I was in Barcelona I also went to an internet cafe/Subway (and ate my sandwich while online!!) and saw Interpol at the Razzamatazz.

6:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home